2017 IYD and Y20 Summit Recruitment
Indonesian Youth Diplomacy (IYD) is the official Indonesian youth representative to the G20 Youth Summit, namely Y20 Summit, and an official Youth Focal Point to the Indonesia’s G20 Sherpa. We are now pleased to announce our call for applicants for the Indonesian Delegation to the Y20 Summit 2017 on June 2nd to 6th 2017 in Berlin, Germany.
IYD has been consistently recruiting highly qualified Indonesian youths to participate in the Y20 Summits since 2010, when the Summit was held in Vancouver, Canada. Ever since then, our official delegations have been sent to subsequent Summits: Paris, France (2011); Washington D. C., United States of America (2012); Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation (2013); Sydney, Australia (2014); Istanbul, Turkey (2015); and recently Beijing – Shanghai, the People’s Republic of China (2016). Other than Y20 Summit, our delegates were also engaged in the Y8 Summit 2013 as one of the invited countries in London, United Kingdom.
It is noteworthy that the Y20 Summit is the legitimate platform for youths from across G20 members/ countries to engage in policy discussions on the most pressing G20-related global challenges and, more importantly, generate innovative solutions which will be presented in the form of a Communiqué to the G20 Presidential Summit for consideration in their discussions. Considering that youths are the beneﬁciaries of the world we shape today, our perspective and ideas are essential to be acknowledged and further incorporated in the policy-making processes. As the nature of the economic challenges is intertwined with many aspects, we have also witnessed the introduction of social, environment, and security related issues to the Y20 discussions. Additionally, our previous delegates have also benefited from the tremendous experiences in the discussions and networking sessions before, during, and after the events.
This year, Y20 Summit will be hosted in Berlin as part of The German Government’s Presidency for the G20 Summits in 2017. The theme for the G20 Summits 2017 is: SHAPING AN INTERCONNECTED WORLD. Therefore, IYD would like to invite you to become one of the Indonesian delegates to the Y20 Germany 2017, and consequently a part of IYD’s growing network, by applying to the Summit this year! The individuals selected will be ﬁnancially supported by Germany during the Y20 Summit 2017. This includes up to six-nights accommodation, meals, local transportation, and airport transfers.
An Indonesian delegate to the Y20 Summit 2017 is required to be:
- An inspirational young Indonesian citizen (undergraduate/ graduate student, recent graduate, or young professional in Indonesia or abroad) from either the public, private and/ or civil society sectors;
- Aged between 18 and 23 years old at the time of the Y20 Germany 2017*
- Having a clear understanding of the G20, especially the Leaders’ Summit and the Y20 Summit;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Fully committed to participate and contribute enthusiastically in all the sessions of the Y20 Germany 2017 and IYD events, including the pre- and post-Summit commitments; and
- Medically ﬁt to travel to the Y20 Germany 2017
* The change to this year’s Y20 Summit age span is based on the decision from Germany chairmanship to G20. However, due to the unforeseen circumstances from the host country policy, this requirement is subject to change. We highly recommend you to watch for updates through our website and social media platforms. If you are willing to be part of IYD and future summits, but does not fulfill the age requirement this year, please subscribe to IYD Community instead. You can find the information regarding IYD Community at the end of this page.
ROLES OF THE DELEGATE
- Be part of Indonesian Youth Diplomacy active members by proactively contributing to the future of the IYD organization and its events;
- Engage with fellow Indonesian delegates to host and run consultations with the Indonesian youths in representing the views of young people across the country;
- Liaise with the Indonesian Head Delegate to contribute to pre-summit discussions with delegates from other countries in the period prior to the Summit;
- Participate actively in the Y20 Summit;
- Contribute in forming policy recommendations (in the form of a Communiqué) for the G20 leaders on behalf of G20 Youth;
- Generate wider community understanding and recognition of the work of the Y20 and the G20 in Indonesian youth communities; and
- Follow up on policy recommendations and action plans coming out of the Y20 Summit and conduct wider consultations.
Please note that successful applicant will need to provide a copy of passport (Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the last day of the Summit).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please review our FAQ for further information.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com. Please direct all questions to this email. We highly discourage you from approaching individual OC members outside of this platform.
The application process consists of two stages. The first stage consist of filling out an online form with personal information and uploading a completed application document. The application document covers applicant's resume, a motivational letter and a technical essay on one of the three G20 topics provided.
The deadline for the two first steps is February 8th 2017 at 23:59 PM (GMT+7).
Notiﬁcation of the shortlisted candidates will be announced on February 22nd 2017. The shortlisted candidates will proceed to the next application stage, which will be a phone/ Skype interview. The ﬁnal results will be announced by the first week of March 2017.
Please kindly start the application by clicking the START MY APPLICATION button and please follow carefully the instructions thereafter.
We look forward to receiving your applications and wish you all the best!
Be Part of the Growing IYD Community
Want to know the latest updates and announcements surrounding Indonesian Youth Diplomacy (IYD) activities? We are forming a public IYD Community and opening a mailing list for Indonesian Youths (18-30 years old)! When you register, you automatically become a part of the IYD Community, a public space for sharing information surrounding IYD and its partners!
IYD holds a vision to advance Indonesia's youth interests through multilateral platforms and we believe your view counts towards realizing this vision. Join us today!